Saturday 18 April 2009

Welcome to Heather's Cherubs nursery!

I am so excited that I am sharing my work with you by producing this blog.

I will be keeping my blog up to date by posting my thoughts and musings every couple of days as I create my babies. You will also be able to have a sneak preview of each baby before it appears for sale.

A little about me....
I am a mother of two grown up children (my daughter is a qualified Dentist and my son is at University studying Computer Science). I have been mad keen on arts and crafts ever since I could hold a crayon and became a full time professional artist about 6 years ago, mainly painting wildlife, botanical and portraiture.



I came across reborning when my sister brought her first baby and I knew straight away that this was something for me!

I work from home in my garden studio (or should I say nursery) - so I don't have a very long commute!! It is my most favourite place to be - I can look out at the birds and the garden and I find that I can get a little distracted watching them - especially when the squirrel visits his nut box for his snacks!!

Current Work....


My current baby caused me a few sleepless nights - I could not decide if it was a boy or a girl!! So I have tried a little experiment and decided to let the buyer's decide as you can see from my EBay listing as Lucy or Luke (click on the names to see my listing).
I also had a big decisio n regarding the eyes as you can see from the picture below!!


Luke/Lucy has completely different eyes -looks a little strange, but I had to live with it for a couple of days - I eventually went with the one on the dark blue on the right (as you see the picture) as I think it looks a little more 'new born' than the other eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
After many successful years of painting as a wildlife artist I came across the art or reborning and I knew that I just had to do this! I cannot think of anything better than combining my natural love of babies with the passion I have for art. As an artist I always strive for total perfection and hopefully this shows through in the effort and love I put in to each and every baby that I create. I am a mother of two grown up children (my daughter is a qualified Dentist and my son is at University studying Computer Science). I have been mad keen on arts and crafts ever since I could hold a crayon! I came across reborning when my sister brought her first baby and I knew straight away that this was something for me!